2019 STIHL BGA 85
The battery-powered handheld blower that combines high performance with low weight.
"With this product there are no more cords to get out and I don't have to mix fuel or worry about getting the blower started after infrequent use. My wife loves it!"
No gas. No cord. No emissions and almost no weight. The STIHL BGA 85 handheld blower features a powerful 36-volt, lithium-ion battery for excellent blowing power that is quiet, clean, and best of all, cordless. This lightweight blower is extremely compact, weighing a mere 7 lbs. without battery, yet it delivers over 100 mph of air to move stubborn yard debris. And don't expect any gradual power drops - this blower will run at full speed until it's time to recharge. An ideal blower for use around the home.
Run time may vary based on battery type, charge level and capacity, model, operating style and conditions. Batteries and chargers can be purchased separately or as a combined set with tool.
- Hanging Slot: The built-in hanging slot allows for easy storage when not in use.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Retaining Latch: All STIHL Battery powered products feature a retaining latch that prevents the unit from unintentional starts when the battery is inserted.
- STIHL Electric Motor: Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
- Multi-Function Handle: With the multi-function handle, all of the blower's controls can be adjusted with one hand, allowing simple and reliable operation for both right and left-handed users. In addition, the handle's control lever allows the user to easily adjust the engine speed.
- Control Lever: With the control lever, the engine speed can be continuously adjusted to regulate airflow. When the lever is released, the engine stops.
- Soft Grip Handle: This handle design provides a secure and comfortable grip.
- Two-Stage Axial Fan: The two-stage axial blower operates like a fan to maximize the volume of high-speed air, delivering excellent blowing performance.
- Blowing Force*: 10 Newtons
- Air Volume At Nozzle**: 665 m3/h (391 cfm)
- Max. Air Velocity**: 56 m/sec (125 mph)
- Avg. Air Velocity**: 47 m/sec. (104 mph)
- Sound Pressure Rating**: 64 dB(A)
- Power Source: Battery
- Battery Series: AP Series
- Weight (W/recommended Battery): w/ AP 300 4.9 kg (10.8 lb.)
- Run Time (w/ AP 100): Up to 7 Minutes
- Run Time (w/ AP 300): Up to 24 Minutes (Recommended combination)
- Run Time (w/ AR 1000): Up to 65 Minutes
- Run Time (w/ AR 2000): Up to 90 Minutes
- Run Time (w/ AR 3000): Up to 115 Minutes
- Engine Type