2019 STIHL HLA 65
A battery-powered extended reach hedge trimmer that is lightweight, versatile and provides professionals with an environmentally responsible tool for select applications.
Looking for trimming versatility? Check out the STIHL HLA 65 lithium-ion extended reach hedge trimmer. This extended reach hedge trimmer offers long run times with no gradual drop in performance. It features six different locking positions, giving professionals a 105-degree operating range. Its cutter bar is also adjustable and foldable and includes an automatic blade stop when folded. The hedge trimmer is lightweight and easy to maneuver in hard-to-reach places. Its quiet motor produces zero exhaust emissions - an excellent tool for working in noise-restricted or environmentally sensitive areas. Best of all, there's no gasoline cost and no restrictive power cords.
The HLA 65 also delivers on the cutting performance, featuring specialized blade geometry and diamond-ground blade edges for clean cuts, even through thick and tough shrubbery. The 20-inch blade length is an efficient working length for most applications, and the tip protector helps protect blade tips from damage.
Run time may vary based on battery type, charge level and capacity, model, operating style and conditions. Batteries and chargers can be purchased separately or as a combined set with tool.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Double-Sided Cutting Blades: STIHL hedge trimmers with double-sided cutting blades cut both directions.
- Tip Protector: The tip protector makes cutting near the ground or along walls easier while protecting the trimmer's cutters from damage.
- Blade Length: 20" (50 mm) dual-sided
- Shaft Length: Extended Length 6 ft. 9in.; Folded Length 4 ft. 1 in.
- Strokes Per Minute: 3,000
- Power Source: Battery
- Tooth Spacing: 33 mm (1.3")
- Battery Series: AP Series
- Run Time (w/ AP 100): Up to 60 minutes
- Run Time (w/ AP 300): Up to 180 minutes (Recommended combination)
- Run Time (w/ AR 1000): Up to 450 Minutes
- Run Time (w/ AR 2000): Up to 660 Minutes
- Run Time (w/ AR 3000): Up to 800 Minutes
- Weight (W/recommended Battery): w/ AP 300 5.2 kg (11.4 lb.)
- Cutting Length
- 20 in. (50 mm)
- 11.4 lb. (5.2 kg)