2019 STIHL MS 311
Advanced engine technology improves fuel economy by up to 20% over previous model chainsaws for longer run times.
The MS 311 is a high-tech workhorse with a step up in horsepower and features over the MS 291. With our improved engine technology, you get higher fuel economy for longer run times. The MS 311 also has larger fuel and oil tanks for even longer extended use. You'll stay productive - while you're saving money on fuel. With the MS 311's fuel-efficient, high-powered engine, you'll reduce your down time on the job - so you can enjoy your own down time when the job is done.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine's filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- Displacement: 59.0 cc (3.6 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 3.1 kW (4.2 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 6.2 kg (13.67 Ibs.)
- Fuel Capacity: 600 cc (20.3 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 350 cc (11.8 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" RS3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 50 cm (16" to 20")STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Power Source: Gas
- 3.6 cu. in. (59.0 cc)
- Horse Power
- 4.2 bhp (3.1 kW)
- 13.67 lb. (6.2 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 20 in. (40 to 50 cm)